Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tattoo Art.

Ever since I was thirteen years old I have been interested in tattoos. The interest has only grown as time has passed, but where I was thirteen and saw it as a rebellion against social norms, I have come to appreciate it as an art form.
From time to time I will do tattoo designs for friends and family (often for free) and really enjoy it. I aspire to someday try my hand at actually tattooing, but with the anticipation of my first child's birth and the amount of work I have had lately it will have to wait.
I have not posted any of my tattoo designs so I figured now would be a good time.
This is some line work for an unfinished personal piece. I sketched it out with a regular HB pencil (I  use Dixon Ticonderoga; I have tried a lot of different pencils, but these ones have a very nice graphite grade, and they sharpen well) then I scanned it in and went over my lines in Adobe Illustrator. 
Still trying to figure out how I want to color it digitally so I might do it digitally then color it with colored pencils or watercolors or some other traditional medium.
 I look forward to posting more tattoo art, as well as having you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment