Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Nice Little Preview

when i started this piece I was just doing some facial studies from one of my friends. I did about 20 or 30 small thumbnail sketches with a 2H, an HB, and a 2B Pencil in one of my sketchbooks. Then i got the Idea of trying some techniques I learned about from watching an Erik Ryan Demonstration on painting the head. Needless to say It progressed even farther. To be honest I'm not sure where I want to take this. I know where I could, but I'm strained between keeping the sensuality of the piece and not distorting it with the things that pop into my mind.
I might do some more color sketches and see what you all think, but I want the end image to have that feeling of sensuality that makes you go:
Well I guess we will just see how that goes.
Some things to look forward to are my Test based tutorial which will be very in-depth and a couple of speed paintings with some painting tips.
Thanks for visiting!!! Have a happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment